Information We Collect
SMHF may ask for the following information:
- Job Title
- Contact Information (along with e-mail address)
We may also request provision of demographic information including your postcode; interests, preferences and/or other information of relevance to offers and/or customer surveys.
What SMHF do with the gathered Information
We use this information to:
- Gain a better understanding of your needs
- Provide you with a more personalised, improved service
- Internal Record Keeping
We may also:
- Use this information to fine-tune/advance our services and products
- Periodically send you promotional e-mails (using the e-mail address provided by you) informing you about special offers, new products and/or other information we believe you may find of interest
- Use your information in order to contact you (via e-mail; mail, phone or fax) for the purpose of market research
In addition, we may use some of the information provided by you to customise our Website in accordance with your interests.
Committed to keeping your information secure, we are on the Data Protection Register. To prevent unauthorised access/disclosure and safeguard/secure information collected online by us, we have also put suitable electronic, managerial and physical procedures into place.
Cookies are small files that ask permission to be deposited onto the hard drive of your computer. When you agree, these files are added and the cookies help Web traffic analysis or inform you when visiting a particular Website. Cookies also enable Web applications to act in response to you as a specific individual, tailoring their operations to match your likes, dislikes and needs by gathering and remembering relevant information concerning your preferences.
SMHF utilise traffic log cookies in order to identify pages that are being used. This in turn enables us to analyse Webpage traffic data and make the necessary improvements to tailor our Website to customer needs. The information is used exclusively for the purpose of statistical analysis; after which it is removed from our system.
By enabling SMHF to monitor which Webpages you consider to be of use and which pages you do not find useful, cookies assist us in providing you with a better experience while visiting our Website. Cookies do in no way provide us with access to your computer or any personal information other than the information you decide to share with us.
You have the option to decline or accept cookies. While most browsers will automatically accept cookies, you do have the option to modify your browser settings in order to decline cookies should you prefer to do so. Declining cookies may prevent your ability to take full advantage of this Website.
Links to other Sites
Controlling Personal Information
You have the option to restrict collection and/or use of your personal information as follows:
- When asked to fill in an online form, look for and check the box indicating that you do not wish your information to be utilised for the purpose of direct marketing by anybody.
- If you previously agreed to SMHF using your information for the purpose of direct marketing, you can change your preference any time by e-mailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SMHF will not distribute, lease or sell your personal information to third parties unless you have given us permission or the law requires us to do so. We may, if you inform us that you wish for us to do so, use your information to supply you with promotional information concerning third parties we believe may be of interest to you.
You can request details of any personal information about you held by us under the 1998 Data Protection Act. This is subject to payment of a small fee.
Should you believe any information we hold about you is incomplete or incorrect, please e-mail us at: email@example.com at your earliest convenience. We will correct any information considered to be incorrect promptly.